April 27, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table - Italian Meatloaf

I've skipped a few weeks, but I promise to do better about sharing my recipes. That's right - it's time for Andrea's Tuesdays at the Table!!


TuesdaysAtTheTable



Italian Meatloaf

  • 1 lb. Hamburger
  • 5-6 slices of provolone cheese
  • 1/4 lb. of sliced pepperoni
  • 1 egg
  • A dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • A pinch each: salt, pepper, oregano, basil
  • Spaghetti sauce to cover

Begin by making a traditional meatloaf - combining hamburger, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper. Add in Worcestershire sauce as well as oregano and basil. Get a length of aluminum foil or plastic wrap and spread meatloaf mixture in an even layer - roughly a rectangle the length of your loaf pan. Once spread, put down the layer of cheese followed by your pepperoni. Then roll the meatloaf into a pinwheel or like you would sushi, make sure you do not roll the aluminum foil or plastic wrap into the meatloaf.

Cover in spaghetti sauce and bake at 350 for an hour.

My family seems to enjoy eating this with garlic bread and roasted potatoes. YUM!



7 comments:

  1. Mmm.... num yummy! Totally different than the way I make it, but sounds great!

    Btw... award for you over at my place!

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! cheese and pepperoni? I'm in! I'm going to make this this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese and pepperoni? And no white bread loaded with bad for you carbs? I'm gonna have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! this sounds delicious and EASY!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media