June 08, 2009

Tuesdays At The Table - Lemon Coffee Cake

Happy Tuesday!! It's time for Tuesdays At The Table - Andrea's weekly meme. I love seeing and trying all of your recipes.


TuesdaysAtTheTable



As you may know, Andrea is pregnant. YAY!! I'm so happy for her and her fab husband Jason! As Andrea gets over the nausea and fatigue, I'll be your happy hostess for as long as she wants/needs. Keep sharing your comments of Congrats with her! She's an awesome blogger, one of my favoritest new bloggy friends and I'm sure will have lots to tell us as she experiences pregnancy for the first time. :-)

Hang on and enjoy the ride! Oh, and a BIG welcome to those of you I haven't "met" yet. Please feel free to poke, prod and dig through my blog!

In the meantime, hopefully I've gotten Mr. Linky figured out...so link up and share!

This week is Lemon Coffee Cake.

Lemon Coffee Cake

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 table spoon & 2 tea spoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine or butter - softened
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon (about 1 large lemon) grated lemon rind
4 egg whites
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 table spoon & 1 tea spoon lemon juice

Mix your dry ingredients- flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add margarine, milk and lemon rind & beat until smooth. In a small bowl - beat egg whites until stiff peaks form & fold into existing mixture. Pour batter into a 10 inch bundt pan that's been greased and floured.

Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool.

In a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. When cake is cooled, drizzle with glaze and serve.

Yummo!! (FYI... I got this recipe from my grandmother. I believe that she got the recipe from a butter company in the 70's.)




7 comments:

  1. That lemon coffee cake sounds yummy - I love anything lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for doing tatt for andrea. i'll have to redo my posts for now to send the link here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cole for stepping up to fill in for Andrea! I found out after I'd posted. Sorry! But I'll be back next week with bells on! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, lemon pound cake. This sounds SO good.

    Justine ;o )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was into salads this week. Hope you'll link up with this recipe or another juicy tidbit from the week:

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/06/friday-feasts-fennel-salad.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media