July 13, 2009

Tuesdays At The Table - Sangria (Red & White)

Happy Tuesday, ladies! I tested out a few of your recipes over the weekend - sheer yumminess! I can't thank you enough for continuing to participate in Andrea's weekly meme. :-)

You all ROCK!!


TuesdaysAtTheTable



This week I'm sharing both of my sangria recipes with you. They are a hit at BBQs and will make you look like a super star with very little effort. :-)

Peach & Raspberry White Sangria

1 bottle of white wine (Riesling, hablis, Rioja, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc)
1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
1 pint raspberries
3-4 sliced peaches
1 sliced orange
1/2 mango peeled and sliced
1/4 cup sugar
2-3 cups of ginger ale

Pour wine, Schnapps and sugar into a pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves. Add in remaining ingredients (except for ginger ale) and give it a good stir. Refrigerate 1-4 hours (I actually prefer overnight), add ginger ale and serve over ice. The longer it sits, the sweeter it will be. :-)








Red (Traditional) Sangria

1 bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
2-3 shots of Triple Sec or Vodka
1 sliced lime
1 sliced lemon
1 sliced orange
2 cups of orange juice
1 small can of diced pineapple (with juice)
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup of sliced strawberries
4 cups of ginger ale

Pour wine and sugar into a large pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves. Add in all other ingredients (except for ginger ale) and stir well. Let this meld for 2-4 hours (or longer), then add in ginger ale and serve over ice.





What's cooking in your kitchen?




11 comments:

  1. Sure sounds yummy! I just never acquired a taste for alcohol LOL..or should I say..if I start I can't stop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Peach & Raspberry White Sangria sounds so refreshing and perfect for summer. Thanks for posting these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! thanks for sharing...and the peach version sounds like a fabulous summer take on this classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Peach & Raspberry White Sangria sounds really, really good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white Sangria sounds AWESOME! I'm bookmarking this page for use this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That peach and raspberry sangria sounds out of this world!

    This is my first time linking up, can't wait to hop around and see all the other great recipes! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time joining,so thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness does that sound refreshing. I love Sangria!

    How are you Missy..... I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm... I don't even drink, but this looks sooooooooo yummy. I do like some sangria once in a blue moon, but white sounds SO much better than the red to me. I HATE red wine.

    Oh, thank you so much for sharing the award, but I'm no longer accepting them on my blog. LOL! I just got tired of them so I put up a new sign... did you see it? I'm guessing not!

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE sangria!! Now I just HAVE to make a batch for the next lake weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing...Can hardly wait to make some and just e-mailed the post to my son who is getting ready to lark out on his own.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media