November 09, 2009

Musical Monday - Veteran's Day Tribute

Happy Monday, gang! I hope you all had fun weekends - and that at least some of you get a long holiday weekend.

It's Veteran's Day. Many of you are spouses, moms, sisters, or daughters of military men. Please thank them for me. Fighting for our country is a calling; and they are true heroes for answering that call.



Holy moly there are a lot of tribute videos. I had to chose this one though - it didn't make me cry & was set to a song I really like. (Full disclosure: It could be the I was out of tears from all the ones set to "Amazing Grace" by the time I found this one.)

I leave you with a picture that JC send me. The children of Afghanistan are CRAZY for pens! No reason, but they L-O-V-E pens. :-)


Have a fantastic day & hug a veteran. I can't wait for the boys to get home, so I can hug them.


4 comments:

  1. Pens of all things? That's kinda weird.

    When ARE the boys coming home???

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of the Cosmo Kisses for the Troops thing? Here's the link: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/about-cosmo-kisses
    You can also mail in your postcards and they mail them overseas so that the soldiers will have a "kiss" on New Year's Eve.

    I'm usually a quiet reader/lurker, but when I saw this I thought of your blog & had to post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boys. I hope yours get home soon. Very very soon. For Christmas. For you. :)

    Are you seriously considering Austin in April???

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I can't bring myself to watch the video. I'm not that brave.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media