November 24, 2009

Tuesdays At The Table - Corn n' Bean Bake

I know I said this last week...but how in the world are the holidays upon us already?!?!  I'm not ready.  Make them slow down.  Or better yet, stop the train until I catch up!

OK... so that isn't going to happen. Sigh.

Last week I put a new spin on mashed potatoes.  I like our traditional green bean casserole... but everyone is reading the back of that French's Onion Rings can and making the same exact thing.  I want to be just a little different this year. When I saw this in November's Taste of Home; I had to try it.

Lovely Yellow Ribbons


Corn n' Bean Bake

1 package (16 oz) frozen french cut green beans
1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (11 oz) consensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 12 crackers)

In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, coup and 1/2 cup of cheese.  Spoon into a greased 2 quart baking dish.  Top with crackers and remaining cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



18 comments:

  1. Good grief...this sounds sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so tired of the same old green bean casserole...I'm thinking this would be a big hit this year. Thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about Thanksgiving sneaking up on us! However, I played with cranberries today and posted a link to a slow cooked cranberry recipe that is so easy it can be made at the very last minute...even if Thanksgiving is a big suprise on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds really tasty! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this whole year has blown by so fast! It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving is in two days!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm that should be tasty and happy thanksgiving this thursday
    chikisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound good and different too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just trying to figure out yesterday how to change the green bean casserole, how did I miss this in TOH? It looks yummy! Thanks for so much for hosting!
    BTW - I'm not sure if I told you yet, but I love your new design!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree with you. Stop the train or slow it down. I'm not ready yet. I thought I was ready for the holidays and had all these plans and now time is getting away and my plans are not happening. Oh well. Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a great spin on a holiday favorite. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is a new idea and twist for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to go through some of these recipes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a great variation to me. I know that my husband would love it since he is a big Ritz fan (and I adore cheese).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, it's nice to change up the same old green bean casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi again Cole! an award for you!

    http://www.mynetfinds.blogspot.com/2009/11/thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. We did not know about it but sure its delicious!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds yuuuuuu-meee, Cole! I'm looking forward to all the scraps I know I'll be getting on Thursday. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, too!
    Your pal,
    Sedona

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media