December 08, 2009

Tuesdays At The Table - Saltine Sweeties

We're solidly into the holiday season, ladies!  I hope you all are finishing up your shopping, have the tree decorated and you wish lists ready for Santa.  :-)

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

This week I'm sharing one of my childhood favorites.  So easy and so yummy!

Saltine Sweeties

1 sleeve (approximately) of Saltines
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 package (12 oz) chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (chopped)

Line a large (12x18) cookie sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.  Place saltines in a single layer to cover the bottom of the pan.

Melt butter and sugar together in a saucepan & pour over saltines.

Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes (until saltines start absorbing the liquid mixture).  Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers.  Return to over for a minute or so - until chocolate chips are melted.  Use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate chips over the saltines and scatter the nuts across the top of the chocolate.

Cool in refridgerator for about an hour, remove foil from the bottom of the bars and break into chunks.

What's cooking in your kitchen?





13 comments:

  1. Wow that is so amazing. I will have to try this for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this recipe around so much, it's gotta be good!

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...finishing up my shopping...how about haven't even started? Yikes...I'm gonna be in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love those at our house. We call the "Chocolate Crackers". Isn't it funny how the same thing can be called so many different things?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That sounds so easy and yummy!!! I will have to try this...think that I will go do it now and surprise the kids with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had those crackers, I might just have to add them to my list.
    Thanks for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recipe sounds really delicious. It also sounds like you are really organised! I'm still working on decorating the trees and the house (about half-way done I think...) and although most of my shopping is finished I seem to have a lot of wrapping left to do - which is odd because I normally wrap as I buy!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds very delicious and easy. My favorite type. Thank for sharing and hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds easy and good, my kind of sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this recipe before but have never tried it. It certainly sounds easy, which this time of year is a REAL plus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I think I'd like salty/sweet combination of this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen this one before but we make a similar one with graham crackers, brown sugar, butter, and pecans. Gonna have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
    Snuggles,
    Twix

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew I bought those Saltines at Kroger the other day for a reason!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media