January 11, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - One Step Ham Casserole

Happy Tuesday, ladies!!! 

There were a whole lot of new faces last week.  WELCOME!

I've had a few thoughts about "theme weeks" - favorite dessert, best crock pot dinner, etc.  But, I don't want to limit you.  What do you think?  Do you prefer sharing the new recipe that you have on tap?  Or would the occasional "theme week" liven things up?

Let me know you're thoughts!

This week I'm sharing an easy ham casserole.  It's not exactly healthy... but it tastes good.  :-)

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

One Step Ham Casserole

1 1/2 cups milk
1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of celery soup
2 cups cooked ham (diced)
1 cup elbow macaroni (uncooked)
1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
2 tablespoons diced pimento
1 tablespoon dried minced onion or 1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In an ungreased 2 quart casserole, gradually stir milk into soup.  Stir in ham, macaroni, mushrooms, pimiento and onion. 

Bake, covered about 40 minutes at 375 (until macaroni is tender).  Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for about 10 minutes (until cheese melts).

What's cooking in your kitchen?



17 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks like a nice and easy meal! I'm going to try it! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up the end pieces of a Sunday ham!

    Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chance at linking up every week!

    I prefer a general link-up, with maybe a themed link-up once a month or seasonally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great make ahead meal. Thanks for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of specific weeks. Not that I really participate too often being that I don't cook that often ... but I LOVE the idea of meals for 1 or 2, frozen meals, crockpot meals, etc. Mainly, I selfishly like these because I NEED to cook more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay ... and it is Monday night still? And all these people have already posted? Look at you, Cole! You're a blogging genius/success/ah you know what I'm getting at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It can even be made into a vegetarian meal without the ham, right? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds interesting. I made a ham loaf with my leftovers. I'll have to try this next. I like the idea of themed weeks too once or twice a month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, anything with condensed cream soup has got to be good! Num yummy!

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your casserole looks really delicious! With regard to your question, I like seeing a selection of different types of recipes, but then again, a theme week could be fun from time to time - particularly if you could announce the theme the week before :)
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a pork eater but I bet it is yummy.. I made something yummy this week. If you did a theme it would be fun but like April said, to announce a week before.. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my husband would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good I would love to try it but my husband can't stand cream of celery. I can try to sneak it without him noticing but he usually can taste it! :)

    I love the idea of theme week, especially the crock pot week I am always looking for new crock pot recipes as it is soooo easy

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sounds like my kind of receipe!
    i heart ham!!
    now i'm hungry!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great recipe...and I just happen to have some ham that needs to be used!!

    Themd weeks would be great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media