February 08, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Cinnamon Rolls

Happy Tuesday!  I have a little confession.  I LOVE breakfast foods!  Some of the best foods are typically served at breakfast - but I really like to do breakfast for dinner.  :-)  Here is one of my all time favorites.

For our first theme week - I'm hoping you can share your favorite dessert next week.  What do you think?


Lovely Yellow Ribbons


Cinnamon Rolls

1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
3 cups of self-rising flour
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter (or margarine) softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup pecans (chopped)

Cut shortening into flour with pastry blender (or a fork or two) until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly.

Roll dough into a 20x14-inch rectangle; spread the softened butter on dough, leaving a border of about 1/2-inch. Combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well, and sprinkle over butter. Top with pecans and roll up jelly roll fashion (starting on one of the long sides); press edges and ends together securely. Cut into 1 inch slices; place cut side down in a buttered 13x9 baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.

Vanilla Glaze
1 1/4 cup powered sugar
3 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoons vanilla

Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over warm rolls.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



17 comments:

  1. Yum! Cinnamon Rolls are a favorite at our house! And next wks theme is right up my alley! Thanks for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I love breakfast food too...I made pancakes for dinner tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, these sound just wonderful. I am so on a diet right now and trying not to eat sugar..do you think Splenda would work here? I think I will give it a try in the morning.

    My favorite supper of all time...BREAKFAST FOODS..waffles, eggs, bacon, ham, breakfast casseroles....ummm, I am getting hungry!!
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. GMTA!!!! I did my last batch of homemade cinnamon rolls using my bread machine. That is what I linked up today. :)

    As for the theme next week, it sounds absolutely delicious! :) I am game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recipe - I love cinnamon rolls! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love cinnamon rolls. They rock what a great idea for a theme.. Next week? Have a great day. My Round Robin is this Friday if you want to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love breakfast too. It is definitely one of my favorite meals of the day. Unfortunately it comes too early in the morning for me to make anything really intricate....so we have breakfast for supper quite often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I were actually alive in the morning. Most of the time I feel like a walking zombie until I have my coffee. I did make breakfast this morning though and boy was it good. I already mixed up another batch of the Baked Oatmeal, so tomorrow I can just pop it into the oven when I go to get my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy yum! these sound simply devine!!

    glad to hear your mom is doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, all that delicious sugary sweetness I can't have. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  11. breakfast is the best! you can't beat cinnamon rolls! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cinnamon rolls and so does my family. Your recipe looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE cinnamon rolls and these sound so yummy! I might give these a try this weekend for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love breakfast foods! I have a really good cinnamon roll recipe that is my mother in laws. I am kind of out in right field with my recipe today it is more along the lines of Valentine's Day and a drink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your site! How exciting! Your recipe looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. breakfast for dinner is our favorite too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media