May 10, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Albondigas (Cuban Meatballs)

Thanks to everyone that linked up last week!  You are all AWESOME!!

I know that by posts have been less frequent than normal.  Everything should be back on track soon. *fingers crossed* 

A friend of mine made these for me last month and they are delicious!!

Lovely Yellow Ribbons


Albondigas (Cuban meatballs)

Meatballs:
2 eggs
1 cup cracker crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon dry yellow mustard
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 small onion chopped fine
1/2 cup green onions chopped fine
Flour for rolling
Olive oil for frying

Sauce:
Olive oil for frying
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves mashed
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 can tomato sauce

In a large bowl, mix eggs, cracker crumbs, and milk together. Blend in the ground beef and all remaining ingredients. Form mixture into large balls. Roll in flour to lightly coat and sauté in olive oil until cooked through.

To make sauce, sauté onion and green pepper in olive oil until translucent. Add mashed garlic during the last minute or two of frying. Drain thoroughly.

Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the sauce in a large sauce pan, add the cooked meat balls, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low for about 30 minutes.

What's cooking in your kitchen?

 

16 comments:

  1. YUM! I love meatballs, I'll have to try this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Cuba and this was not on the menu where I was at! I wish it was though! Love all the seasoning you added! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those meatballs sound really good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been so addicted to meatballs! I LOVE them with different sauces and I end up eating WAY too much of them! These look great, I'll try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time linking up. I love Cuban food! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I have meatballs on my menu this week, but instead of my regular recipe I might have to try this one! How fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those meatballs sound wonderful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound really spicy and appealing - great comfort food! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohh!!! I love cumin! What a great addition to meatballs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just realized I forgot to link up. Oops! The meatballs look yummo, Cole. I'll have to try those out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a great recipe with a different twist to standard meatballs! I gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That recipe sounds great!! My family loves meatballs so I am always looking for a new way to serve them. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds yummy to me. Have a great Monday..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those meatballs look tasty! I have a couple appetizer meatball recipes I have been wanting to try- this might be my inspiration!

    Looks like the linky list isn't working? I don't see it up.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media