May 03, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Mixed Berry Sorbet

Sorry I ended up taking a week "off" from blogging, ladies!  It's only in the past 2-3 days that I don't feel like I got run over by a mack truck!!

I hope you all had fabulous weekends.  :-)  We had some great weather, and I got to enjoy a night out with the girls and got all my tomatoes & peppers planted.  YIPPEE! I'll be around to visit all of your blogs. What have I missed while I've been hiding under a rock?

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

This is such an easy recipe, and a great treat as we get ready for summer.

Mixed Berry Sorbet

1 bag (12 oz) frozen mixed berries (slightly thawed)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp sugar or honey
2 tsp real vanilla extract

Place slightly thawed berries, juices, sugar/honey and vanilla extract into blender and blend until liquified.
Strain berry-juice mixture through small sieve (to remove seeds) into a flat, freezer-safe container (9x9 Pyrex dish works well).  Cover with plastic wrap, making sure wrap touches entire surface and freeze for about 2 hours, or until firm.

What's cooking in your kitchen?

 

25 comments:

  1. This would be a great summer treat for my kids! And us grown-ups would like it too! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy recipe! I'll have to remember for the kids during the hot summer months here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this recipe. It looks refreshing, healthy, and easy. Perfect. A sorbet is one of those nice parts of a meal that takes it from "good to great." I'll be using this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The berry sorbet sounds delicious and perfect for a hot summer day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sorbet, and this sounds so good and easy to make, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds delicious!!!

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your recipe sounds so refreshing and delicious. I'll be trying it soon.
    Thanks!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooOOOoo! This looks scrumptious!!
    Thanks for sharing! And hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are feeling better! That sorbet sounds delicious - thanks for sharing it and for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My girls will LOVE this sorbet recipe...thanks for sharing, and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sorbet looks delicious! I love sorbet, such a light dessert. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that might be something the kids like!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting and your sorbet looks yummy, especially for the warm (crossing our fingers) weather to come. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'll add a little vodka to this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sorbet sounds nice and refreshing for all of this warm weather we have been recieving lately

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for hosting. I can't wait to snoop around.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! I think I have all of the ingredients to make that too! Expect for freezer space...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooohhh!!! This sounds really good! What a great treat for a hot summer day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Sounds yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for a great recipe. I have always wanted to make sorbet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, that sounds so refreshing!

    What have I missed? You weren't feeling well?

    What happened with your house hunt?

    How is your mom doing?

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am honored to be part of your Tuesdays At The Table link!

    I was hoping to try sorbet this weekend - how perfect that you posted such a recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media