May 24, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Tortellini Salad With Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

Happy Tuesday!!  My weekend was action-packed, but fun.  I hope yours was too.  :-)  More on all the house hunting hoopla tomorrow!

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

It's almost Memorial Day.  How did that happen?!?!  To me - that signifies the beginning of summer, the fun of cook-outs, the beach and Cape traffic in my way on Friday afternoons.  :-)  It also means more salads.  Green, leafy salads and potato salad and caprese salad...and this salad too.

Tortellini Salad With Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing


1/2 pound Tortellini, frozen (or dried), cheese filled
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Garlic, minced
2 teaspoon Basil, chopped
1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, re-hydrated and pureed
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated

Cook the pasta according to the package directions then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and cover with hot water. Allow to soak for 20 minutes. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of water and place in a food processor. Puree. Whisk together the mayonnaise, basil, garlic, and pureed tomatoes. Toss in the pasta. Chill at least 2 hours. Garnish with Parmesan before serving.

*Note: this is my base recipe.  However, I tend to double it, then instead of all the mayo - add some ranch dressing and/or sour cream.  Add some shrimp or left over chicken for a yummy entree.*
 
What's cooking in your kitchen?
 




21 comments:

  1. The sun dried tomato dressing looks delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that sounds absolutely scrumptious! I am a sucker for pasta salads of ANY kind...especially in the summer. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm! Sounds yummy! Can't wait to hear more about the housing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cole, thanks for hosting as always! Your blog is so cute and my kids love getting to see your dachsunds in your header each week - precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That sounds delicious...definitely going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pasta salad sounds really good--especially the sundried tomato dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sun-dried tomatoes! Can't wait to try this dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm - pasta and sun dried tomatoes - great combo!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meal Planning with ConnieMay 25, 2010 at 2:10 AM

    This sounds so, so good! I'll definitely be giving it a try! Thanks for sharing and for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love a nice salad that sounds yummy.

    Have an amazing Tuesday..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds likea great recipe! There is lots of room to add this or that depending on what's in the fridge. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, Miss Cole, I do believe you've given me the recipe i'll use for dinner! Thx! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a great summer pasta salad! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds so yummy! I am adding this one to my recipe book right now! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That sounds delicious. I think I am going to make it this weekend!! Thanks for sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun take on tortellini! That sounds delicious! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks delish! I'm for sure going to make it. I just found your Blog and it is great. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media