June 07, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - S'Mores Cookie Bars

Happy Tuesday, ladies!!  Did you all have a good weekend?  I did!  A group of us went to NYC for a bachelorette weekend and had a blast. But more on that tomorrow.  :-)

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

S'mores during the summer...but in some parts of the country, it's just not warm enough for camping and fire pits yet.  This is a good alternative.

S'Mores Cookie Bars

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars
1 cup marshmallow creme

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.

2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough into prepared pan.

3. Arrange chocolate bars over dough, breaking as needed to fit. Spread with marshmallow creme. Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow; carefully press to form a layer.

4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 16 bars.
*Recipe found here*

What's cooking in your kitchen?




25 comments:

  1. Yum! Those cookie bars look dangerous! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! These definitely look dangerous! Thank you for sharing and hosting this each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious ~ I <3 marshmallow cream!!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a S'More freak, so I've GOT to try these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! These sound utterly decadent. I can't wait to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So unique! I want to make these asap now, lol...you got me craving some sugar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made something similar but can't wait to try your version. Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delicious! What a fun summer treat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm. I need to make this. I LOVE all things S'mores! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love recipes for bars--so much quicker than making individual cookies, cupcakes, muffins, or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sound great! I love marshmallows and have never tried them in a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sound good - we need a picture! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cookie bars sound like the perfect dessert for a barn party I'm having in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow I want some of those.. Yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cole! Thanks for the linky, as always! I linked up my "recipe" for building homemade-like soup. I'd like to invite you to visit my main blog and enter to win one of the 3 super glammy Sam Moon cuff bracelets I'm giving away right now:
    www.sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com
    ♥Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so delicious! Who says you need a campfire!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I left the wrong link in my first linky entry. Could you delete that one? :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh this gives me a craving for something delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my first time trying to link up. Hope I did it right. Would love the recipe for the bars.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The smores sound Delish! Linky doesn't seem to be working, but sharing a recipe anyhoo on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am new to your blog. I would love to link up but it appears to be closed. I look forward to coming back next week

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media