July 26, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Dragon's Breath Dip

Happy Tuesday! I can't believe that July is almost over.  Where has the summer gone?  Oh yeah, it's been a heatwave and we've all been stuck indoors!  I hope August is a bit better to everyone.

I'm supposed to close on my house this Friday.  It's still really iffy, so if everyone could keep their fingers crossed for me - I'd appreciate it!  Even if I do close on the house and am in process of moving - I will have a TATT post for you.  :-)

I've seen a few different variations of this recipe...but this one is my favorite.


Lovely Yellow Ribbons


Dragon's Breath Dip

2 heads garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz. Brie cheese
1 (3-oz.) small pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash or two of fresh cracked pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut top 1/2" off the top of the garlic heads and remove some of the loose papery skin, leaving the heads intact. Place each on a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle each with the olive oil, and wrap tightly. Bake at 350 degrees 50-60 minutes, until the garlic is very soft and begins to brown. Cool until easy to handle and squeeze each head to remove the soft roasted cloves.

In a food processor, process Brie cheese and cream cheese with the salt, pepper, and garlic cloves.  Refrigerate several hours to blend flavors.  Serve with melba toast, crackers, crustini or the like.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



27 comments:

  1. love the name of this ;-) it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers are crossed! The dip sounds fantastic. I think I will serve it this weekend when I throw a party for my teenage son. I think his friends will love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I haven't participated in Tuesdays at the Table forever. It's good to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the name!! It sounds so good, I love any sort of dip! Especially with garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brie is one of my favorite cheeses, and I love garlic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must try this dip! Thanks for the recipe. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to smile at the name of this dip when I read how much garlic is in it. It wouldn't be something to eat right before a first date!!! Sound delicious. I love garlic and luckily, so does my husband :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious!! Love the name too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful - and what a great name! Good luck with your closing/ move and thanks for hosting Tuesdays at the Table :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dip sounds delicious...and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dip sounds delicious. I love the name.

    Thanks for the carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, I'd say the name fits! lol Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With garlic in there I'd say the name is a good fit. Thanks for hosting again this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dragon breath or not, the recipe sounds great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds delish! I've never made anything with Brie, but if it's cheese, it's got to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGOSH! That sounds soooooo good! I'm a garlic junkie, so all this garlic... sounds PERFECT! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds delicious! And as long as everyone around you is eating it too the Dragon's breath shouldn't matter ;) ha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who doesn't love brie and garlic??? yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hilarious name...sounds like an excellent dip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found your blog and will be linking regularly:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. great party! this is my first time here... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum, love garlic, love brie, add s&p. I am making some. Thanks for hosting
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used to work with a lady who had severe dragon's breath (combo of cigars, wine, and I don't know what else) so the title of your recipe made me giggle BUT I will happily try this recipe w/o thinking about my prior co-worker!
    Thank you for being so faithful in leaving comments! I apologize for being so bad about getting back to everyone who leaves comments but there's only so much time in one day. I will keep you at the top of my list and respond to your blog more often!
    I didn't know you had a Weds blog hop until now so I will add your button to my blog and the link too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media