July 19, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Heirloom Tomato Salad Dressing

Happy Tuesday, ladies!  We're still in the midst of a heatwave.  It stinks for me and my asthma...but my tomatoes - especially the heirloom ones - LOVE the heat!  Sorry I don't have a picture to share, but I didn't think to take one until about an hour ago and we're in the middle of some strong thunderstorms.  Hmm... maybe I'll do a post on my garden later this week.  :-)

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Heirloom Tomato Salad Dressing

3 cups chopped  heirloom tomatoes (about 7-8 tomatoes)
1 generous sprig fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan

Put all ingredients into the blender, and blend a full minute until mixture is creamy. Pour into a narrow neck bottle and shake well before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Keeps about a week and makes about 3 1/2 cups.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



26 comments:

  1. mmmm, this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of heirloom tomatoes, but I've never had them. Love fresh garden 'maters though! :D Thank you for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a homemade salad dressing. This sounds delicious. Thanks for the carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantab!! I will be linking back to this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew where to get heirloom tomatoes. I always hear about them but have never seen them.
    Sounds like a great recipe though.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds like my dream dressing! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. My tomatoes are coming in and this sounds delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a wonderful salad dressing, and a great way to use tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recently found your blog & love it! I have a ton of basil, now I know what to do with it--thanks--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!! That sounds delicious!! B

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dressing sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your salad sounds delish, and a great way to use those fresh tomatoes that are starting to come in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Meant to say, "Salad Dressing"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait till the tomatoes in my garden are ready to be picked, so I can start making things with them. This week I baked a cake with the zucchini in my garden. So glad I could link up to this party. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this recipe! I can't eat most bottled dressings because of ingredients that I'm sensitive to. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that dressing recipe looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it and I love how simple it looks to make. Thanks for the recipe link up too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My heirloom tomatoes are trying so hard to blossom in the garden! I can't wait to try this salad - it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heiloom tomatoes are the best! Have a great week!
    http://www.inspired2cook.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never tried something like this. But I'm thinking my family would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Nice to 'meet' you! Thanks for hosting such a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The dressing sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your dressing sounds amazing! Heirloom tomato caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't wait until my tomatoes are ready! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great thing to do with all those summer tomatoes! Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it!!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media