August 16, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Cowboy Salsa

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I hope you all had good weekends and that Monday was nice to you, too.  :-)  This weekend featured some shopping, lots of errands and a beach birthday party for my friend's little girl.  Despite applying SPF 70 sunblock - I'm still a little pink.  Eh, that's OK - the beach-front fun was worth it.

A co-worker of mine introduced our department to Cowboy Salsa a few years ago.  I've recently found a recipe that is a bit different than hers - but just as yummy!

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Cowboy Salsa

1 can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
2 cans Whole Kernel Corn, drained
2-3 Tomatoes, chopped
2 large Avocados, chopped
1/2  a red onion, diced
1 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1 t. Garlic Powder
Juice from one lime (about 2-3 T.)
1 can Green Chilies

Prepare the italian dressing mix as directed on package.  Combine all other ingredients together and chill.  Serve with tortilla or pita chips.

What's cooking in your kitchen?




29 comments:

  1. Hi! This is my first time participating in your linky party! I have a new food blog and I hope you like the recipes. Yours sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this kind of salsa! It looks awesome, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I have some Cowgirl Casserole to go with Cowboy Salsa, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds yummy, with the black beans, corn, and avacado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cowboy salsa looks like a winner...thanks for having us and another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Cowboy Salsa sounds delicious - and good for you to with the beans, tomato and avocado! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your salsa looks wonderful. Thanks for hosting this recipe swap. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good friend was just describing something similar to me on Sunday - I'm happy to have a recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the opportunity to join the linky party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! i love salsa and this is something new and different to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love cowboy salsa! Thanks for the new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like such a great twist on traditional salsa... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this salsa looks awesome! i will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make this too, but I never knew the name of it. I always called it black bean salsa...I love your name better! SO Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our family loved anything you can dip a chip into!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting - I love finding new recipes:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! I have something similar but I love the addition of the Italian dressing in yours. I will be making this one next time!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This salsa sounds great on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to make that salsa, it has all the things I like best in it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Avocado and corn are two of my favorites. This has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is very interesting dip..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yum! I've been looking for a good salsa recipe! Any suggestions on how to turn up the heat? My hubby likes is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. p.s. an award for you from my book blog!

    http://mykozykorner.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatility.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media