August 09, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Frozen Bananas

Happy Tuesday everyone!! I hope everyone is staying cool. Is it me, or is this the hottest summer we've had in YEARS?!?!

I'm probably a bad influence, but I'm sharing another sweet treat this week. I can't even tell you how many memories I have of going to Disney and getting a frozen banana. Other than going on Pirates of the Carribean and the Tea Cup, Dumbo a few other rides - frozen bananas were were one of my favorite parts of Disney for quite a while.


Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Frozen Bananas

4 bananas, not too ripe
3/4 Cup semi-sweet chocolate
Toppings of your choice (sprinkles, M&Ms, chopped peanuts, etc.)
Parchment paper
Popsicle sticks

Cut each banana in half, and insert popsicle sticks.  Freeze for about a half hour on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  In a small bowl, melt the chocolate slowly.  Dip each banana in chocolate (you may need to dip more than once to get a fully covered banana) and then top each banana as you choose.  Put bananas back on parchment and freeze for another 45 minutes to an hour.

What's cooking in your kitchen?




24 comments:

  1. I still remember making these one time when I was in preschool. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, so easy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so have to make these for my kids, I used to eat them when I was a kid. I can't believe I've never made them, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound yummy! I have to try this one.

    Thanks for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Why have I never thought to do this with my kids?! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love frozen bananas...but sometimes we just make frozen banana nuggets for that quick frozen delicious bite...however...i sometimes find myself nipping into the freezer more than once...for maybe that quick frozen couple of bites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a home on Balboa Island and they sold frozen bananas on the main drag. They were so good and are a favorite summertime memory. I need to make some like you! Thanks for the terrific recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cole,

    I just found your blog this week - love it - and am joining Tuesdays at the Table for the first time!

    I signed up to follow you and invite you to join my family of Kindred Spirits at Create With Joy!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum - delicious and healthy! (I'm pretty sure the banana makes up for the chocolate here, and anyway, a bit of chocolate is good for you!) Thanks for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's definitely the hottest summer we've had in years too. The humidity just won't quit! Funny, the first place I ever had a frozen banana was Disneyland in CA. MANY years ago. Brings back some great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back this week with yet another zucchini recipe. Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, man! I haven't had these in years. What isn't too like? :D Thank you for the yummy meme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we loooooove bananas .....thanks Cole and we miss hearing from you. we know we are very Behind in our visits....

    chikisses
    coco

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I want to so try this. What a yummy Summer treat...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just realized I've never had a frozen banana! I need too, sounds like a yummy and easy to make treat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love frozen bananas and love to use them up in various smoothies and baked goods. YUM!

    I would like to invite you over to my carnival Tip Day Thursday at my blog. Hope you stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is our last week before school starts, and I've been looking for something fun to do with the kids. I think we'll be making frozen bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've actually never had a frozen banana but they sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't had a frozen banana in years. I remember having them as a treat at Disneyland when I was a kid. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! I used to make those as a kid. I loved them so much, but forgot about them - I will have to introduce my kids to these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting - first time posting here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. frozen bananas are a disney memory of mine too! a yuuummmy one!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media