September 20, 2010

Tuesdays At The Table - Spinach With Shallots

Happy Tuesday, ladies!!  I'm currently up to my eyeballs in painting projects and had to schedule this post.  I hope it posts as planned.  :-)  If not, leave me a comment and I'll get it fixed ASAP!

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

I love spinach!  It's tasty, healthy and can be incorporated in so many dishes.  When I only have a few minutes and need I good side - this is my "go-to".

Spinach With Shallots

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, diced
1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in shallots and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes until leaves are wilted and reduced.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



24 comments:

  1. Spinach.... mmmm. I just love spinach. :) This week, I contributed my Blackberry Peach Cobbler to use up any of those leftover summer fruits you may have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can put spinach in a cassarole or a dip or something but I can't eat it plain yet. Nice and simple and healthy side dish though! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good and healthy! I like spinach, so I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds tasty and simple! I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something really sophisticated about spinach! It's so versatile...thanks for a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to cook spinach - it sounds delish! Thanks for hosting and hope the painting goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delish! i love spinach! :) Thank you so much for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love spinach too and what a great, easy recipe. Thanks for hosting, I can't wait to check out all the yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the move! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy painting! Moving in is not easy - you seem to lose all the things you use every day and find the things that have been lost for years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting you Blog Party even while you are so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love spinach just picked from the garden. Your recipe sounds good. Good Luck with your project.
    Thank You...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love spinach! Yum! Have you tried green monster smoothies? They are made with spinach and they are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love spinach too! And shallots sound very yummy with it!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spinach is so healthy for the kids, I'll look forward to using this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the spinach and shallot combination! I've been craving greens again so I think I will add those two ingredients to my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for hosting, what yummy ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea for spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We LOVE spinach and this sounds perfect for our house.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing such a healthy recipe. I'll have to use some shallots soon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media