May 23, 2011

Tuesdays At The Table - Cheese Poke Muffins

HAPPY TUESDAY!! I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend!

A big welcome to everyone joining in for the first time. Please drop by and visit the lovely ladies who contribute their yummy recipes each week...and share a favorite recipe (or something new we should try!) too.  :-)

This week I'm sharing cheese poke muffins from Taste of Home.  I made chili for dinner tonight and these are a perfect compliment.

Photobucket


Cheese Poke Muffins

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup finely chopped process cheese (Velveeta)
2 tablespoons butter, softened

In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.


Fill eight greased muffin cups one-fourth full. Combine cheese and butter; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter.

Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



21 comments:

  1. Ohh, these would be perfect with soup. Yum!

    Thanks for hosting, I'm sharing two recipes, sourdough bread and chocolate chip muffins. See you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm love the cheese poke muffins will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great only I'd substitute butter and some sharp cheddar. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting.Its always nice to be here.These muffins sound delicious.I brought my Buttery Bar

    ReplyDelete
  5. The muffins sound good! Love cheesy muffins, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow, Cole. Happy to follow you right back!

    I am happy to see you signed up for the swap. Thank you! It should be a lot of fun!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cole,
    Your cheese muffins sound yummy. I am sharing my Chicken with Olives and Rosemary. Thanks for hosting and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your muffins sound great.

    Thanks for hosting this each week. This week we've finally harvested enough white patty pan squash to make stuffed flying saucers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good! I would ditch the Velveeta and canola oil and substitute butter and cheddar cheese to make them healthier. I bet they would be perfect with a tomato soup.

    I shared a simple sandwich that helped me use up some stuff in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to be here again! I’m a sharing a Filipino vegetable dish today called Pakbet Tagalog.
    Enjoy everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cheesy muffins sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing and for hosting today.

    Jane
    frugalfineliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg anything with cheese makes me happy. Those sound scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting....added my Beef Stroganoff recipe. Also added you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so delicious and the perfect compliment to some chili! I've copied this and will definitely be trying it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to have discovered your blog! I linked up for the first time, but I'll be back and I can't wait to take a little trip through all of these recipes! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy! Perfect for soup or chili! Please share your delicious recipe with our readers by linking it up at Muffin Monday. Thanks!

    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/opera-cream-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those muffins sound good--and pefect for chili.

    Thanks for hosting!

    This week I have an easy, seasonal pasta. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm linked up my Frosted Cashew Cookies! They are so tasty, you would love them!! Thanks for hosting another great blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've had these before...yummy! They are great with a bowl of butternut squash or tomato soup.

    Thanks for sharing and for hosting today.

    Jane
    frugalfineliving.com
    Join us on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media