May 30, 2011

Tuesdays At The Table - Skinny Key Lime Pie

Howdy, chickies! Did everyone get to enjoy their long weekend?  Spend time with family and friends?  BBQ something delicious?  And - most importantly - thank a soldier (or veteran) for their service?  I hope you answered a resounding YES to everything.  :-)

I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend.  Saturday, I got a little extra cuddle time with my pups.  Then an afternoon Kristin (my cousin and one my favorite people) and her son.  We did lunch, a trip to Lowe's (where we both made out like bandits on 2 for $12 geraniums), a craft store that is closing (again, making out like bandits) and a local farm/ice cream stand.

Sunday was filled with little errands and household chores.  Monday...well, I missed a friend's cookout because my asthma is acting up.  I miss everyone, but I know they understand that almost 90 degree heat and humidity just isn't good for this girl. Instead, I spend the day with mom (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!) and reading.

Photobucket


This week I'm sharing a "skinny" key lime pie.  Truth be told - it's one of the few pies that I like.  :-)

Skinny Key Lime Pie

1 ready-to-fill cookie crumb or graham cracker crumb crust
1 tablespoon plain gelatin
1/3 cup fresh lime juice or key lime juice
1 cup boiling water
Sugar substitute to equal 1/4 cup
13 ounce can cold evaporated skim milk
1/4 cup cold water
4-serving package instant vanilla pudding
1/2 teaspoon of lime zest, optional
Light or fat-free whipped topping
Thin lime slices for garnish, optional

In a blender container, combine plain gelatin and fresh lime juice. Wait one minute until softened, then add boiling water. Cover and blend on high speed until all gelatin granules are dissolved. Add sugar substitute, evaporated skim milk, water, pudding mix and lime zest. (Note that you can also use a hand mixer on "high".)

Cover and blend smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes until mixture begins to set. Spoon into prepared pie shell and chill several hours until firm. Top with dollops of whipped topping and garnish with lime slices, if desired.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



14 comments:

  1. Yum, this sounds amazing!! may have to try this next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Key Lime Pie looks awesome. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our summer student workers loves key lime pie. And he has a summer b-day. Sounds perfect! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting. I leaving a our recipe for homemade chocolate chips! Never have a day when you need to run to the store for them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuuum that sounds so good! I may definitely have to try this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. key lime pie is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting - - I just found your hop. I am a new follower; I love all the entries this week and can't wait to start checking them out (especially the zucchini soup!). I shared a week of menus (instead of one plate) this week, but I will have an actual recipe to share next week!! :)
    Thanks!
    Carla aka Mrs. No-No Knows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for another week of hosting! I'm sharing my Slow-cooked Beef Brisket and Vegetables recipe for this week!
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds perfect for taking to a potluck or cookout. Thanks for sharing and for hosting today.

    Jane
    frugalfineliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops... sorry... Manu is my name... I should have put "Fried pizza" as the name for my recipe!!!! I have tried to fix it, but it doesn't let me... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some people are very good with making Key Lime pies. I will have to try your recipe sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds perfect for our 94ยบ weather we are having. Can't wait to try it!
    mickey

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media