August 08, 2011

Tuesdays At The Table - Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Happy Tuesday!! It is mega humid here lately...so I've been focusing on finding quick, easy recipes (but without making the same cycle of foods over and over again) that mean I'm away from air conditioning for a short a time as possible.

Photobucket


I found this sandwich at Taste of Home, and it is so yummy!!

Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

4 slices Italian bread

4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
4 slices tomato
4 bacon strips, cooked and halved
2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing

Top two slices of bread with a slice of cheese; layer with tomato, bacon, basil and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread. Brush dressing over outsides of sandwiches.

In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Makes two sandwiches.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



21 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I shared my GF Blueberry Sunflower Cake and an article I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! Your blog is adorable. I just linked up my Strawberry Cobbler! =)

    http://imitationbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back from a little break from blogging, but now I'm back and it's good to be here!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...Joining your party for the first time....browsing back thru your blog I see we used to be neighbors - I grew up in Avon!! I miss the Toll House restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds amazing! :) I love most things when tomatoes meet basil in a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharing MYO pwdered sugar / sugar alternative & GREAT GF & DF LEMON BARS w/ SF option!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds yummy! i think my husband would like it. cute blog btw. its my first time linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted about water kefir grains -- how to store them, maintain them, and buy them so you'll always have a great probiotic drink water kefir at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting again! I'm linking up with Alton Brown's creamed corn cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting; I'm sharing our recipe for Jam-Filled Almond Muffins. They're low on the sugar yet delicious! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at Grilled Cheese. ;) Thank you so much for hosting. It's time to shake up the menu routine for back to school time.

    xo*tricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great idea for grilled cheese! Saving this, thanks for sharing and for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That taste of home link looks amazing. I have OODLES of tomatoes coming out of our tomato planter, so I think I'm going to steal that idea. Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for hosting. I'm excited to see your etsy shop!
    xo
    Andee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting! Great looking sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I left my Easy Bread Recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. to match your savory grilled sandwich, here is a sweet grilled sandwich - perfect for camping (or anytime really!) http://stuffifeedbrian.blogspot.com/2011/08/gluten-free-better-than-smores-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look delicious! I love grilled cheese and the Italian spin makes it look even better!
    -Ami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Emily @ Recipes to NourishAugust 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

    Thanks for hosting! This is my first time posting here, so glad I found you :) I shared a nourishing Chocolate Elderberry Fudge (with dairy-free option). It's easy to make and so yummy! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I just posted my recipe for savory heirloom tomato sauce. Thank you for hosting such a fabulous blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media