August 29, 2011

Tuesdays At The Table - Mozzarella Sticks

Hey gang!!!  Did all my East Coast girls make it through Irene?  We got hour upon hour of whipping wind and rain.  There's a tree down in the back yard...but despite some flickering, the electricity never really went off on me.  I'm really lucky.  I hope you all faired as well as I did.  A big "thank you" to all my loves that checked in on me via Twitter and email.  :-)

I'm a sucker for mozzarella sticks.  I don't have them often (hello, calories!!), and the last time I tried to make them at home, I ended up with a pool of mozzarella in a pan.  Luckily, I stumbled across a breading cheat on Taste of Home.  Soooo yummy!


Photobucket


Mozzarella Sticks

12 pieces string cheese
12 egg roll wrappers
Oil for frying
Marinara sauce


Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.

In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. (NOTE: I don't use a thermometer.  I heat the pan on medium high for a few minutes and then test with a drop of water to make sure that the oil is hot.)

Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce.
 
What's cooking in your kitchen?
 
 


23 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting!

    I posted about sweet peppers, a flavorful alternative to the common bell. Check out how to choose them, use them, and their nutrient content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cole,
    Glad you made it through the storm ok, I was thinking about you. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love mozzerella sticks! awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always excited about ooey gooey cheesy goodness! Thanks for hosting once more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting! I shared a Chocolate Vanilla Marble Fudge recipe (w/ dairy-free option) and a Summer Sangria recipe made w/ fresh watermelon juice and a bunch of summer fruit. Thanks again. So happy to hear you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, we love Mozza sticks with Marinara sauce at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look great! Thanks for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting - mozzarella sticks are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting! Always so many yummy recipes to try...

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I posted about freezing green peppers, with two methods depending on the size of your crop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you're ok!!

    I could totally go for some mozzarella sticks right now - too bad I don't ever cook. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting. :-) I always love Taste of Home magazine day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for hosting - i left a tasty eggplant pasta link

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting. What a neat trick with the papers to keep the cheese together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting! Mozzarella sticks are my husband's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these!! Thanks for sharing and for hosting today.

    We weathered the storm fine here in Massachusetts. A few downed branches and loss of power during the storm. Everything is back to normal now.

    Jane
    frugalfineliving.com
    Join us on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love mozzarella sticks! I've never tried making my own... so excited to see how they come out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just found your blog and posted Dessert O'Rama. Tons of awesome vegan dessert ideas, including a vegan candy treat that tastes just like Turtles candies. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful blog! I posted Black and White Cheesecake Squares, which I made for my friend's sixteenth birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Cole. Glad you made it through the hurricane safely!

    I am sharing my recipe for chicken meatballs this week. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media