September 05, 2011

Tuesdays At The Table - Mexican Eggrolls

Happy Tuesday!  It's that time again.  :-)
Did everyone get to enjoy the long weekend?!  I can't believe that the summer is over...or at least the unofficial end of summer.  Bring on the fall!!!

As part of being my mom's unpaid gopher caretaker since surgery, I've been trying to make sure I cook some meals that both my parents will like.  It's quite the challenge, as mom is vegetarian and dad doesn't think a meal is complete without meat.

This little nugget was a hit with both of them.

Photobucket

Mexican Eggrolls

1 can Corn (drained and rinsed to get rid of the excess sodium)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed to get rid of the excess sodium)
3-4 scallions (finely chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
1 package Eggroll wrappers
1/2 envelope Taco seasoning
Salt
Pepper

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients but the eggroll wrappers.  Place a large spoonful or so of the vegetable mixture in the middle of each eggroll wrapper, wetting the edge of the wrapper to seal.

Place the eggrolls on a cookie sheet that has been coated in non-stick spray.  To ensure crispiness, spray the tops of each eggroll with non-stick spray as well.

Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.  Serve with salsa and sour cream.

What's cooking in your kitchen?




22 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! We're still having the summer heat here, but I'm looking forward to the fall colors and food too :) This week I shared a Chocolate Fudge Sauce made w/ honey and cacao powder. It is To. Live. For. :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made egg rolls but would love to! These sound wonderful, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these would be awesome for the game next saturday. Thanks so much for hosting. I made Tex-Mex this week as well. Ole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. posted my first video how-to . . .EEK! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the recipe names itself are so interesting, how cool must be to taste !!!

    Lovely food party !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great! I bet even I could make it - haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for hosting. I shared a post on how to make dill pickles. It's easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I'm visiting from: Like a Box of Chocolates blog hop and am new follower and linked up.
    Hope you can follow back
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! I wonder how these would freeze? I think cooper might even go for these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Mexican inspired egg rolls. I basically love anything in egg roll form but especially that. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of baked mexican eggrolls. The baked part is great. I just my take that idea and run with it. I can just imagine all the fun things I could put in those rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum those sound delish! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting! I'm sharing our latest muffin: Peanut Butter & Jam Muffins. These are low sugar, use real food ingredients, and taste delicious! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that these are baked!
    Thanks for hosting.
    This week I tried a traditional Cajun breakfast dish--couche couche.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my first time here at your site. I am loving the abundance of recipes. Go forth and
    COOK!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! Those are my favorite type of eggrolls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Check out my Pumpkin Spice Muffins! They're vegan, naturally gluten-free, soy free, oil free, very low fat, and free from refined sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I posted about Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They're chewy and chocolate-y and slightly healthier than the regular choc chip cookie because of the addition of oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those sound so good!

    Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media