October 24, 2011

Tuesdays At The Table - Twixy Shortbread Bars

Hi Gang.  I love seeing all of your recipes each week!  The group continues to grow - which makes me soooo happy.  :-)  In fact, I think we now have a few men in our ranks.  Hi guys!!

I would like to encourage everyone to stop by and visit other contributors!  I'll be honest in saying that I don't get to every single recipe most weeks...but I'm trying to make that a priority each week. 

Photobucket


This week I'm sharing a recipe emailed along to me from my mom.  I'm not sure where she got it.  Otherwise, I'd definitely be linking the website!

Twixy Shortbread Bars

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 13.4 ounce can dulce de leche
3/4 cup whipping cream
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (or use chocolate chips)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla

1. In a large bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour. Cover and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Press dough evenly into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

3. Spread dulce de leche in an even layer atop cooled crust. In a medium saucepan, heat whipping cream, 6 tablespoons butter, and the corn syrup to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve syrup. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and vanilla to saucepan. Do not stir. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature to cool slightly. Slowly pour chocolate mixture over dulce de leche layer, spreading evenly. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours or until chocolate layer is set. Cut into bars.

What's cooking in your kitchen?





15 comments:

  1. Sounds delish, love the getting more recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I shared videos for making GF DF Banana Waffles and my
    GF DF Banana Coconut Cream Dessert. I also shared an
    article about CoQ10 and the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds SOOOO good!! I love anything with shortbread in it - it's a total winter guilty pleasure of mine!

    And while I haven't made anything new worth sharing - I can't wait to see what everyone else is up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting again! Your recipe sounds just like a Twix bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was perfect for me this evening. I couldn't wait to brag about a great meal I cooked tonight.
    Love coming here! Great recipes.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting! I posted a recipe for curried pumpkin soup and a profile and recipe idea for raspberry leaf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bars sound so yummy. Thank you so much for hosting again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting this each week :) I always find so many great recipes I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time at this party. I see that I didn't do it quite right. #60 should say Chili Seasoning & Recipes, not my name. Your Twixy sound really good. I love shortbread. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Cole. I shared my basil pesto recipe today. Thank you for hosting us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds heavenly. I love Twix and can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting! This party sure has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Cole. I shared my stuffed cabbage recipe today. Thank you for hosting us again. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media