December 19, 2011

Tuesdays At The Table - Irish Cream Cake

Um...how in the world is it just days away from Christmas?!?! I have gotten some fabulous Christmas cards from people. Cute, funny, sweet, pup-filled. A great variety! If your card to me got returned - I'm sorry! My mailman apparently doesn't like doing his job, and has been randomly returning mail as "undeliverable". *Sigh*
This week I'm sharing my mom's (Bailey's) Irish Cream Cake. Soooo good! I don't know where she got the recipe...but if you recognize the recipe, let me know so I can give the right person credit. :-)


Photobucket


Bailey's Irish Cream Cake

1 cup chopped nuts
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package vanilla instant pudding
4 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur

Glaze
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour your pans.  Sprinkle your chopped nuts across the bottom of your pans.

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and pudding mixes.Mix in eggs, water, oil and Irish cream & mix on high for 5 minutes (the batter will be nice and fluffy).  Pour batter over nuts and bake for 1 hour. 

Cool for 5-10 minutes, then invert on a serving dish.  Prick top and sides.  Spoon glaze on top and brush on sides of cake.  Allow cake to absorb moisture, then repeat until all glaze used.

Glaze - In a saucepan combine butter, water and sugar.  Bring to a boil and cook, stirring contantly for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat & stir in Bailey's.


What's cooking in your kitchen?

Merry Christmas!!!!





11 comments:

  1. I just copied this recipe ~ sounds wonderful! Thank you for hosting :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks awesome. Thanks for hosting and Merry Christmas!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This sounds so yummy! We got your card today, it's beautiful! The resemblance between me and Meadow is almost scary!
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time here & linked 2 recipes from me...thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Cole. Baileys Irish Cream is one of my favorites and your recipe uses it twice! It must be delicious. I shared a chocolate wafer cookies recipe, a 4 o’clock walnut cookies recipe, and a Hungarian liptauer cheese recipe today. Thank you for hosting us again and have a great holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delish! Bookmarked to try. Thank you for sharing this and hosting again.

    http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake sound delicious. Today I bring Divinity Cookies. Thank for hosting each week. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this cake looks delicious. Just finished listening to some Christmas music and making my mom's cheese & nut spread (aka mom's cheeseballs). Merry Christmas and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog via Miz Helen's Country Cottage, and I am a new follower. Patsy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media