January 16, 2012

Tuesdays At The Table - Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

Howdy!  Did everyone get a three day weekend?  From the looks of stores...it seems that way!  I had a few shopping adventures over the weekend.
On Sunday I went to a local furniture store and IKEA with my brother, JC and his girlfriend.  I scored an AWESOME deal in the furniture store's clearance center!!!!  A $700 chair for $217! Once we loaded up the chair (they won't deliver anything from the clearance center), we moved along to IKEA.  Where JC's girlfriend fell in love with an entertainment center.  Also a great deal - $229 for $99!  And...that's where skills in spacial relations came into play.  Of course, the entertainment center is the huge 6 foot x 5 foot model that comes in three boxes.  With about an hour of jostling, everything fit into my SUV.  Yet ANOTHER reason I'm so happy I drive a Tahoe!

Monday I spent some time with my fabulous (and newly engaged - go visit her blog!) cousin.  At Target I scored some cute curtains for my sun room on sale for $5.58! Then we communed with nature the yarn store.

OK, I'm babbling.  I'll get along to the recipe now.  Oh, but first...did you know I'm celebrating 500 followers with a giveaway?  Enter here. :-)

Photobucket

Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.

Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.


What's cooking in your kitchen?



11 comments:

  1. Now THAT is an interesting recipe! I'd never have thought to combine those flavors. :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love crock pot recipes! Will have to try this one, sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Your Pork Roast looks delicious and would be really good with my Dilly Bread. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! Glad you had a great shopping day - pass the luck over my way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your Tuesdays make me drool! What great deals
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not normally a pork fan, but this sounds wonderful. I know my husband would be a fan of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pork sounds delightful! I wonder if it will taste as good with chicken? I think I'm going to have to find out :) MMMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting! I've posted a Toasted Nut Macaroon recipe (with or without nuts, it's tasty). Pair with chocolate and it's irresistible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love slow cooker recipes. I'm going to make this in the future!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media