April 09, 2012

Tuesdays At The Table - Carrot Cake Dog Muffins

You all know how much I adore my pups.  I'm kinda obsessed...and I'm not about to apologize.  Life has been even more dog-centric than usual.  Both my parents and I have applications in with a rescue group to adopt new dogs.  Please keep your fingers (or paws for my awesome dog blog folks) crossed for us!
Anyway, the prospect of adding to the herd has prompted me to sort through some of their treat recipes - so this week, TATT is going to the dogs.  :-)

Photobucket

Carrot Cake Dog Muffins

2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2  cup grated chopped parsley
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup grated carrot

In a large bowl, mix your eggs, milk, oil and peanut butter.  Add the remaining ingredients slowly - leaving the carrot and parsley for last.

In a 350 degree oven, bake your muffins for 20-25 minutes (or 12-15 minutes for mini-muffins).  Once cooled, keep in an air tight container and freeze any portions you won't use in 5-7 days.

What's cooking in your kitchen?


10 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try these for Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should nevers apologize fur lovin' your animals...or bein' obsessed. I am so excited dat ya'll all may be welcomin' in a new furry one to loves, it will definately be loved immensely.

    Ummm, can you add cheetos in dis recipe, it would be betters in my opinion and you knows I knows everything;)

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummilicious!
    Thanks for sharing it!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never apologize! That's what you humans are meant to do, love us! I must get my mom to make me these, they sound YUMMY! Good luck with the new pups! Once you get past two, what's one more? BOL as you see with me and my 3 siblings
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for awesome recipes for my pups. Thanks lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cole,
    There is nothing more special to me than my little Babie Jaque, he is just precious. I just love the recipe and will be trying it soon. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dottie LOVES homemade peanut butter treats. :-)
    I've linked up two this week: Crock Pot Hoppin' John (great way to use black eyed peas) and Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs (my version of Reece eggs).
    Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying the new recipes!! Always something yummy and different here. Thanks for hosting.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our two labs are rescues and they are such a blessing to us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I checked the Dachshund Rescue website several times before purchasing a puppy from a breeder. Since I have young children and another dog (and I wanted a baby!), I went with a new puppy. However, when my kids are older, I think adopting from a rescue would be wonderful. Also "foster parenting" to rescues is a wonderful thing...but I think I would come so attached that I would try to adopt them all!

    Saving this recipe for my little pup!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media