April 16, 2012

Tuesdays At The Table - Mexican Pasta Salad

The combo of Marathon Monday (a state holiday) and icky heat (really...90 degrees in Boston in April is NOT nice!) meant that I got to pull out one of my favorite summer pasta salads.  I have no clue where I found this...or really, where my mom found this recipe, but I absolutely love it.I haven't said this in a while - and it always bears repeating.  THANK YOU for continuing to link up your fabulous recipes each week.  I love poking  through, finding new, delicious recipes and leaving you some comment love.  I really hope that you're each showing each other the food love too.

Photobucket

Mexican Pasta Salad
1 box bowtie pasta
1 pint container of cherry tomatoes
1/2 block (approx 4 oz.) of Pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese
3-4 stalks of scallions

Prepare bowtie pasta using box instructions. Strain, rinse to cool and strain pasta again. Chop scallions fine; cut cherry tomatoes into halves (or quarters if they are large) and cut cheese into little 1/4 inch squares.

In a smaller bowl, mix 1/2 cup mayo and 1/3 cup salsa. (If you use a chunky salsa, you may need more).  Combine above dressing with all other ingredients, mixing well.

Chill for a few hours and serve.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



11 comments:

  1. Hi Cole,
    I love your salad, easy, and tasty! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting! I shared Awesome Skillet Fried Chicken Breasts today. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so light and refreshing! I love the combo of mayo and salsa. Yum!
    Thanks so much for hosting! I've linked up two:
    1. Crock Pot Chicken Adobo - a Filipino dish
    2. Mama's Sausage Macaroni

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy.. And light and easy for a warm day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sound simple and easy. I'm going to stick this recipe in my 'fast/simple' category. Thanks for hosting! I've linked up my Noblegarden Chowder that's perfect for using up leftover meats (like easter ham).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this sounds SO good! I'm all for anything with pasta and cherry tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness. It was super hot yesterday, and warm today too. I was dieing in my kitchen. But I felt even worse for the runners. Actually, I did a little post about marathon monday. I hope you check it out.

    Fellow New Englander,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a pasta salad fanatic. Have to give this a try! As for those puppies, why not take both> I would. They are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media