May 07, 2012

Tuesdays At The Table - Dandelion Greens Salad

The weather is getting warmer, and produce is getting just a bit more economical to buy at the store.  However, if you're a little adventurous you can get your dandelion greens directly from your yard!  Meadow sucks down dandelion greens like they're going out of style.  Of course, that means I need to spend money to buy these yummy bitter greens in the store.  *sigh* {Note: Please buy them from a store if you have a dog or put any type of chemicals on your grass.}

Photobucket

Dandelion Greens Salad

1 bunch dandelion greens, washed, drained and trimmed
3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
1 handful fresh dill
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a large bowl, mix your dressing - honey, lemon, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.  Add the onions, dill and dandelion green.  Serve!

What's cooking in your kitchen?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link party! I have never had dandelion greens before. That sounds like a very interesting salad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cole,
    Your Salad looks awesome! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I've never tried dandelion greens before. It seems crazy that a farm would actually grow them on purpose!

    Thanks so much for the linky. Stop by and check out my cheap recipes and link up your money-saving recipes to Frugal Food Thursday. And I've linked your recipe to StumbleUpon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mama LOVES dandelion greens..but I just never developed a taste for them.
    I've linked up two this week:
    1. Crock Pot Greek Beef Roast
    2. Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes

    Thanks for hosting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done Dandelion Greens before. Goodness knows we have enough in our yard! Luckily (for aesthetic reasons)they haven't sprouted the green part yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Considering my yard is full of dandelions, this is very useful to me! Thank you for hosting. I brought a fruit salad drizzled with lemon & thyme syrup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried dandelions before... have you tried clovers? I used to chew on them while playing as a kid. They're bitter too, and I wonder if they're related to dandelions? Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know you could eat dandelion greens?! Thank you for hosting! This week I'm sharing my no-can scratch marinara #2 - Da Super Basil. Check it out at #52. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cole. Your dandelion salad sounds wonderful. Our yard is over come with dandelions, though I think I would rather get them from the store. Never tried them, but now you've peaked my interest to try them. Thanks for the party and have a great upcoming week-end.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media