June 25, 2012

Tuesdays At The Table - Homemade Frosty Paws

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Did everyone have a good weekend?  I did! Kind of...  Friday I did a whirlwind tour of New England (MA to RI, RI to MA-NH-VT and back again) and got to help pick up a little of chiweenie pups for Furever Dachshund Rescue. It also provided me a few interesting moments:
  • Bringing a finch into Olive Garden for lunch with me and Laura.
  • Holding a puking puppy on the highway.
  • Tripping over an alpaca "toddler" and hurting my knee.
  • Getting spit at by a llama.
  • Meeting miniature horses, a donkey, a few types of chickens & ducks and a pair of peacocks.
Because I hurt my knee on Friday, I got sidelined the rest of the weekend.  Which honesty stunk.  I love the pups, but at a certain point, you want someone who's going to talk back to you!

Anywho...I'm sharing another pup-tastic recipe this weekend.  I think all the pups in your life will enjoy it! (Taken from the Furever Dachshund Rescue FB page)

Photobucket

Homemade Frosty Paws

Three 6 ounce Containers of Plain, Low-Fat Yogurt (or greek yogurt)
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter (Low Sodium)
1 Four Ounce Jar of Banana Baby Food
1 Tablespoon of Honey


In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Blend well. Pour mixture into small cups (pictured: Dixie
Cups).
Place dog bone in mixture (to serve as the handle). Freeze. Once frozen, peel away paper cup
and serve!
What's cooking in your kitchen?


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! Those look like cute little dog treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dogs LOVE frosty paws!!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you had an injury!
    I hope you are feeling better now!
    Homemade frosty paws! Yummilicious!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you got hurt :(
    Those frosty paws would be perfect here! It was 103 degrees last week!
    Nola's Mom
    P.S. I LOVED your suggestion of Phoenix, and the meaning. It's defiantly in our top three, along with Brooklyn and Ithaca

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for hosting! This week, I shared my Tasty Thai Flatbreads w/ GF Cauliflower Crusts! They're Gluten Free, Vegan, and Body Ecology Diet friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cole,
    Hope you are starting to feel better, I hate having to be in time out for a injury. I wish I could make this great treat for my babies, I miss them so much. Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. That WAS a rough weekend! Wow. But good for you for taking care of the puking puppy :) Somebody needs to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting. Glad I found your cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had quite the weekend! Hope the knee is better. My Staffordshire Bull Terrier has taken out the entire family at one point or another...he ran full speed into my knee the other day (he is one big ball of muscle), he ran past my 4 y/o and took his feet right out from under him! He is a 7 y/o puppy. He thinks he is a miniature lap dog, while my mini Dachshund thinks he is a Doberman :)

    Speaking of puking puppies...mine started throwing up out of the blue 2 days ago. Puked several times, then he was fine. Very strange. I think he ate something (a bug or something) that he shouldn't have. He tries to eat EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting! Today I shared my Asian Turkey Burgers at #26!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like quite a weekend!
    Thanks for hosting.
    and my pup thanks you too.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media