August 27, 2012

Tuesdays At The Table - Chicken Bruschetta

I know I said this last week - but THANK YOU for all the kind words of encouragement and prayers for Meadow.  She continues to heal and sends you all doxie kisses.  :-)  Right now, she isn't my own little patient.  Apparently, there are mushrooms growing in my yard and Brady found one.  He got REALLY sick, really quickly and was diagnosed with mushroom toxicity. {See, I knew I disliked mushrooms for a reason!} He's pretty much back to normal now, just taking some meds to protect his kidney/liver.

Photobucket

OK...on to the food!  I love, love, love bruschetta.  I've found that putting it on chicken instead of toasted french/italian bread makes a pretty good meal!

Chicken Bruschetta

4 chicken breasts (about a pound)
1/4 cup of sun dried tomato salad dressing
1-2 large tomatoes, finely diced
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped OR
1 teaspoon dried basil

In a large storage bag, marinate your chicken breast in salad dressing.  {Depending how strong of a flavor you want, it can be between 30 minutes or 8 hours.}

In a 9x13 casserole pan, bake your chicken at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Evenly distribute the mozzarella, tomatoes and basil over each chicken breast and finish cooking for approximately 10 minutes.

What's cooking in your kitchen?

10 comments:

  1. Glad to know Meadow is doing well.
    Aaaand.... drool... drool !!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mushroom toxicity! Wow. Poor pup.
    Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your poor pups! I'm glad Meadow is getting better, and Brady is okay!
    Wow, that sounds incredible and tasty!
    Amanda and Nola

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Meadow is healing, but sorry to hear about Brady and the mushrooms. Hope he is better VERY VERY soon!

    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have your hands full with those pups. GLad to hear Meadow is on the mend and that Brady is recovering well, too. Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh you poor thing! i hope your sweet puppies feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like those pups are keeping your hands full! Hope they both do better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! This week, I shared my Butternut Squash Pudding! It's Gluten/Grain Free, Vegan, Sugar Free, Body Ecology Diet and Specific Carb Diet SCD Friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. do you have an issue when you cook your chicken that it gets very watery? it grosses me out so I tend to grill chicken whenever we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of healthy, tasty and delicious Fast, Fresh,

    Mouthwatering Hummus!

    Here’s the link:
    http://www.momessentials.net/fast-fresh-mouthwatering-hummus/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media