September 24, 2012

Tuesdays At TheTable - Granola "Candy Bars"

Happy Tuesday!  It's been a busy few days.  Over the weekend, I had the privilege of accompanying my cousin, Kristin and some other friends and family members wedding dress shopping.  If you follow me on Instagram, you got to see the lovely gown she picked out.  I also seem to be the Queen of owner surrenders for our rescue lately.  Sad...but true.  I've listened to so many stories that have broken my heart, that I couldn't help but cry it out a few times.

OK...on to some HAPPY!  I'm happily embarrassing my kitchen these days and these oatmeal candy bars are so easy and pretty darn yummy.  I saw something similar on Pinterest and modified it to my preferences.


Photobucket
 
 

Granola Candy Bars

1 1/4 cups peanut butter
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups oats (quick oats...but not instant)
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped

In a medium sized saucepan, melt together peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.

Remove from heat and add oats, chocolate chips, pecans and dried cranberries. Stir until combined and chocolate chips are melted.

Spread into wax paper lined 9x13 pan. Refrigerate until hardened, about an hour. Cut and keep refrigerated.

What's cooking in your kitchen?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cole,
    What a yummy treat, I would love your Granola Candy Bars. Hope you are having a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm sounds delicious. You always try great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Cole! I'm looking forward to all the tasty eats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, I'm bookmarking these!! I recently bought some coconut oil and was looking for something else to use it in. These sound super delicious. Thanks for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combination of cranberries and chocolate. Thank you for hosting, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for Hosting! Love the granola recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom has those ingredients.... and she is now drooling!
    Thanks for sharing it!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will you be my cook in exchange for the pups' photo shoot? LOL this sounds awesome
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media