April 05, 2012

3 on Thursday - Lottery Winnings

Welcome to our first "3 on Thursday"!!  If you didn't see the announcement that Andrea and I put out on Monday - this is going to be a weekly link-up that we co-host.  I'm so very happy to be sharing this experience with Andrea. She is AWESOME!  Anywho, each week we'll ask a question.  Sometimes serious, sometimes silly, sometimes totally weird.
Please join in!  Leave us a comment, link-up and visit a few other people that participated! :-)


3 on Thursday


Our first question:
With the recent MegaMillions hoopla, there's been a lot of dreaming about what we'd do with all that money. What are three things on your "if I won the lottery" list?
I'm going on vacation! It's been three years since my last real vacation...and this girl has serious wanderlust!  Of course, I want to bring my friends and family with me (at least some of them!), so maybe a cruise?  Or just letting them join me in shifts as I visit Italy, Germany, the UK and end at Disney!


My house is getting fixed.  You all know that I call my house the "money pit", right?  I mean...it was built in 1890.  I don't expect it to be anywhere close to perfect!

It has some amazing woodwork that I want to feature, but the prior owners did some bad (and that's putting it nicely) work on this house that will take a major overhaul to undo. Just the thought of electric outlets in the bathroom or kitchen that doesn't look 40 years old makes me giddy with anticipation!


Adoption...both human and canine. I've been volunteering with Furever Dachshund Rescue for about a month now and am seriously considering adding a rescued pup or two to my little herd.  Both Meadow and Beckett are a little slow to warm up to new people, but adapt really well to new animals right away. 

There are so many kids out there that need homes.  I have a home and lots of love to give. I really think that I'd make a good mom! If I'm having trouble finding Mr. Right, why do I need to put my dream of being a mom on hold?!





13 comments:

  1. I would def. buy a new house for myself, pay off my debt, and go on vacation.

    I'm thinking a bloggy roadtrip across the US visiting all my friends who live in my computer...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling, new house and adopting a bunch of animals are all up there on my list too! I think I'd need a farm to house all the animals and kids I'd collect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would now like to add adopting a heard of wiener dogs to my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd move to the coast in a cute little beach house! I'd probably adopt another Doxie and donate a bunch to shelters and rescues. I'd spoil Nola even more LOL. Travel the world with Nola in tow
    Dachshund Nola's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I join you at Disney World? Oh, if we had the money I would adopt a child. There is this part of me that definitely feels led to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the rescuing, a girl after my own heart indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking I need that kitchen... now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you would adopt, furry friends and babies! I know you would be an incredible mom and any child would be lucky to have you as a parent, lottery winnings or not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm....I think I am too practical for this one. I would set up a trust fund for the education of future generations off the top. My husband hates to travel. So, I think I would buy a second home at the beach with a suitable kitchen, sewing room and space for my family.

    The majority of it I would give to St Jude's. That has always been my plan if I ever won the lotter on one of the very rare occasions I play.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Really like your blog!
    A wonderful post!

    Have you got an account in instagram?
    If yes, write me your name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable puppy! And that kitchen is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mega millions was insane!! I wish I would have won!! lol

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media