September 17, 2012

Tuesdays At The Table - Coffee Cake

Happy Tuesday!  Here's a little secret for you... because of all the family in town, need to be away from my house and grandma-centric birthday festivities...I haven't cooked since Thursday.  I kind of miss my kitchen!


Photobucket
 
 
It's supposed to rain later this week, and I think I just might be making this coffee cake.  YUM!

Coffee Cake
 
Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon cinnamon
 
Cake:
1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
 
 
In small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Blend with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
 
In a medium bowl, combine together beaten egg, sugar and melted butter. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt, mixing well.

Pour batter into a greased and floured  9-inch layer-cake pan. Sprinkle topping crumb mixture evenly over batter. Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes, when a toothpick will come out clean. Partially cool in pan on wire rack. Cut coffee cake into squares while still warm.
 
What's cooking in your kitchen?


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I shared my recipe for grain-free Super Waffles. They are super high in protein and fiber, but super low in carbs (ZERO!) and use super cheap ingredients! And they are also super delicious! :)

    http://www.annemariecain.com/grain-free-super-waffles/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cole,
    Your Coffee Cake looks wonderful. Hope you are having a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Cole! Coffee cake sounds great for a rainy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love coffee cake of any kind. I will be trying your recipe. Today I bring Fast and Frugal Pita Chips. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Tell me what you're thinking. :-)

 
Blog Design by Creative Girl Media